Who can apply?
Training is open to anyone who might have an interest in becoming a teacher and has a degree or equivalent and the right to work in the UK. You might be:
- A recent graduate looking for the first step in your career.
- A teaching assistant looking to transition into teaching your own class.
- Looking for a completely new career path.
We welcome candidates of all ages, from all backgrounds, and with all types of experience. To be eligible, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree, 2:2 or above, or equivalent
- A GSCE grade 4/C or above in English or Maths, or equivalent.
- Primary school trainees will need a GSCE grade 4/C or above in science, or equivalent.
For more information please visit: Initial teacher training (ITT): criteria and supporting advice – GOV.UK.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and the expectation is that all trainee teachers share this commitment. Therefore, successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check with barred list check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We have a suite of safeguarding procedures, policies, and guidance for all of our staff and trainees to ensure we actively promote children and young people’s welfare and safety.