Schools have a statutory duty to register ECTs with an Appropriate Body before they start work in school.
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period and an ECT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed.
London District East Teaching School Hub provides a comprehensive Appropriate Body Service for Early Career Teachers in maintained schools, academies, sixth form and FE colleges.
Costs for the academic year 2023-2024
- £250 per ECT per year.
- £400 per day for Fidelity Checks at schools who run a Core or School-led Induction Programme*.
*The total fee is per school and will depend on how many days or parts of days the Fidelity Checking takes to complete.
- If required, £95 per single term per ECT.
- £200 one-off fee for Reduction of Induction Assessment Visits
- We do not charge for Cause for Concern visits*
*But we reserve the right to charge an extra fee to cover our costs, if the Cause for Concern issue takes more than 2 days (or the equivalent) to resolve.
Appropriate Body Services include:
- Bespoke support and advice for Head Teachers, Induction Tutors and ECTs via email, telephone and in-school visits.
- Appropriate Body Induction Tutor Training.
- Updates and guidance in changes within the statutory guidance on induction for Early Career Teachers.
- Registering ECTs with the Teaching Regulation Agency and updating their induction status as appropriate.
- Proactive quality assurance visits to support ECF provision in school.
- Monitoring of all termly progress reviews.
- Help and support with ECT Support Plans by phone or Zoom as required.
- Review of end of year assessments.
- Conducting cause for concern visits or reduced induction visits as required.
If you would like to nominate London District Teaching School Hub as your appropriate body – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Appropriate Body uses ECT Manager to monitor ECT’s progress https://londondistricteasttsh.ectmanager.com/login.aspx