London District East Teaching School Hub is one of 87 Teaching School Hubs designated by the Department for Education. Each Teaching School Hub has a specific geographical area: our Hub has a responsibility to all 238 schools in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Newham.
To deliver the highest quality evidence-informed CPD programmes for teachers at every stage of their career.
To provide local teachers with the training they need to ensure that every pupil, regardless of background, succeeds.
To engage and support all of our schools by offering them responsive, bespoke support that meets their needs.
Our vision is closely aligned with that of our Lead Provider – Ambition Institute. We are both determined to ensure educators keep getting better.
We are a collaborative not-for-profit organisation.
We help schools to retain, grow and nurture great staff, teachers and leaders.
We work in partnership with all schools to focus on the very best teacher training, leadership development and school to school support.
Our collaborative approach is rooted in the shared vision that system-led improvements come through sharing effective, evidence-informed practices.
We are always evidence informed and help teachers to ensure every pupil, regardless of background, experiences a great education.
Key Performance Indicators
Delivering on the Department for Education’s Golden Thread of evidence-based Continuing Professional Development for all teachers to aid teacher recruitment and retention.
- Early Career Framework (ECF): We are a delivery Partner for Ambition Institute’s Early Career Teacher Programme.
- Reformed Specialist and Leadership NPQs: We are a delivery Partner for the Ambition Institute NPQs. In conjunction with local delivery hubs with BDSIPin Barking & Dagenham and LiFE Education Trust and Havering Academy of Leadership in Havering.
- Initial Teacher Training/SCITT (School-Centred Initial Teacher Training): We are an accredited provider via London District East SCITT. We train 20 – 30 primary trainees per year and up to 10 in secondary shortage subjects, starting in 2022 with Forest Gate Community School in Newham.
- Appropriate Body Services: We offer Appropriate Body Services alongside BDSIP(Barking & Dagenham), HES (Havering) and NPW (Newham).
- Other Continuing Professional Development: We work with all local curriculum hubs and our local research school to engage schools with all local offers
Episode 2: The New Teaching School Hub, the Early Career Framework and the Reformed NPQs…with guests Craig Lilleyman (Director, London District East Teaching School Hub), Amanda Jackson (HES, Havering lead for ECF) and Paul Claydon (LIFE Trust, Havering lead for NPQs)
Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/714b8b9e-96a9-415e-bebd-a744af913f86/episodes/c07cb444-f5df-4c4d-abc1-a072c2b15824/the-havering-academy-of-leadership-podcast-episode-2-the-new-teaching-school-hub-the-early-career-framework-and-the-reformed-npqs