Who can apply?
Training is open to anyone who might have an interest in becoming a teacher and has a degree or equivalent and the right to work in the UK. You might be:
- A recent graduate looking for the first step in your career.
- A teaching assistant looking to transition into teaching your own class.
- Looking for a completely new career path.
We welcome candidates of all ages, from all backgrounds, and with all types of experience. To be eligible, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree, 2:2 or above, or equivalent
- A GSCE grade 4/C or above in English or Maths, or equivalent.
- Primary school trainees will need a GSCE grade 4/C or above in science, or equivalent.
For more information please visit: Initial teacher training (ITT): criteria and supporting advice – GOV.UK.